MAINE MOTORCOACH NETWORK
who we are
MAINE MOTORCOACH NETWORK is an all volunteer business group, founded in 2010, to promote group tours in Maine.
The MAINE MOTORCOACH NETWORK mission is to increase the revenue to Maine businesses by promoting motor coach and group travel to the State of Maine.
executive committee structure
- Chair: Executive Committee and meeting facilitation:
Dede Daigle, Witham Family Hotels
- Vice Chair: Assists Chair and facilitates as needed:
Chris Riccardo, Visit Portland
- Secretary: Creates newsletters, meeting agendas and minutes:
Ariel Taschereau, The Nonantum Resort
- Treasurer: Handles and reports all financial activity:
Norm Forgey, Maine Day Trip Tours
- FAM Committee Chair: Directs FAM Committee activity:
Amber Davis, Embassy Suites by Hilton
- Sales Mission Chair: Directs Sales Mission Committee activity:
Heather Levesque, Clarion Hotel
- Development Committee Chair: Directs Development Committee activity:
Jenn Tomlinson, The CAT - Bay Ferries
- Maine State Liaison, support and guidance:
Chiara Moriconi, Maine Office of Tourism
- Past Chair: Provides support and guidance:
Tom Palmer, Lafayette Hotels
- Executives At Large:
Jennifer Aucoin, Moosehead Marine Museum
Katie Spiridakis, Maine Maritime Museum
Anna Henderson, The Olympia Companies
Troy Munford, Sunday River
MOTOR COACH ARRIVAL INFORMATION
Visit Portland Travel Trade
Portland Tour Bus Parking
Portland Head Light, Cape Elizabeth
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay
Acadia National Park Commercial Use (CUA)
New CUA Requirements & Fees for Commercial Operators effective October 1, 2019
MOTOR COACH TOUR INFORMATION SHEETS
Motor Coach Friendly Guidelines
Hosting A Successful Motor Coach Tour
Tour Operator Familiarization Tour Information
what we do
- Create and execute targeted familiarization (FAM) tours.
- Coordinate presence at industry trade shows and events
- Conduct targeted sales missions
- Support Maine Office of Tourism's development of tour operator tools
- Provide information sharing and education meetings
- Provide participant business networking opportunities
- Award an annual scholarship for a Maine college student pursuing a career in a hospitality or tourism field.
- Receives free newsletters and information about past and upcoming events
- Attend free bi-monthly meetings for tour group information sharing and business networking at different locations throughout the state
- Participate in Committee activities
- Receive free sales leads
- Advertise in the annual state-wide Group Travel Guide at a low cost
- Participate in FAM and sales trade shows, sponsorships and events at a low cost
- Participate in the annual American Bus Association (ABA) Marketplace, in partnership with The Maine Office of Tourism, distributing Maine Motorcoach Network Group profile sheets through sponsorships. ABA hosts over 3,500 tour operators, suppliers and exhibitors in the group tour industry. Hundreds of tour operator business cards and leads are collected during this four-day tradeshow and made available.
(10:00am - 12:30pm)
Executive Committee Meetings Schedule
(10:00am - 12:30pm)
Contact us to be a volunteer meeting host location for open future dates.
Familiarization (FAM) Tours highlight different Maine tourism regions of scenic views, attractions, restaurants and hotels for tour operators to learn new destination opportunities.
Each year Sales Missions travel to different U.S. and Canada location areas to promote group friendly business for Maine. Promotional sponsorships give you targeted visibility.
GROUP TRAVEL GUIDE
Group Travel Guides, created annually, are distributed at Sales Missions, FAM Tours and in response to tour operator inquiries to the Maine Office of Tourism for resource information.